Why we love Matcha so Mucha!
Matcha is the Japanese word for ‘Powdered Tea’ and that’s exactly what it is…Powdered Green Tea.
Why is Matcha so special?
· It is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
· Boosts metabolism and burns calories
· Detoxifies effectively and naturally
· Calms the mind and relaxes the body
· Is rich in fibre, chlorophyll and vitamins
· Enhances mood and aids in concentration
· Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
· Can prevent disease
When you drink Matcha tea, you aren’t just brewing the tea and discarding the leaf as with traditional green tea, you are consuming the whole leaf. Matcha is green tea that has been covered in darkness for three weeks before being harvested.
When the cover is removed, a bright green emerald tea, characteristic of Matcha is seen. This is due to the chlorophyll, the healthy green pigment in tea that helps us to detoxify, it has multiplied, creating a super-healthy, super-drink.
Matcha tea is a great source of minerals and is packed with antioxidants, ten times higher then regular green tea.
How do I drink it?
- ¾ teaspoon of matcha powder
- Hot water (just under boiling)
- 1 tbsp of grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of grass-fed collagen (optional)
- Blend for 20-30 seconds
- ¾ teaspoon of matcha
- Hot water (just under boiling temperature)
- Whisk vigorously, or add to a blender and whizz until frothy